Agenda - June 18, 2002 - YC
YOUTH COUNCIL CONFERENCE
Tuesday, June 18 9:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
Wednesday, June 19 9:00 A.M. to 12:00 Noon
RED LION INN
1830 Hilltop Drive
The purpose of the first annual NoRTEC Youth Conference is to provide an orientation session to the NoRTEC WIB and Youth Council regarding WIA youth services in NoRTEC, to provide a forum for NoRTEC Youth Program Operators to describe their programs and services, and to provide recognition for extraordinary youth service providers.
Day One Tuesday, June 18
- Call to Order Chair, Michele Piller
- Roll Call
- Workforce Investment Act (WIA) Youth Program Requirements -- NoRTEC staff and conference facilitators will present program eligibility, program categories and the ten required program elements, as detailed in Title I and the related DOL regulations and guidelines of the Workforce Investment Act. These Youth Program requirements will provide the context for the Youth Program presentations to follow.
- NoRTEC Youth Programs The NoRTEC Youth Program Operators will present an overview of the Youth Programs implemented in their respective county(s).
- Alliance for Workforce Development (Lassen, Modoc, Plumas)
- Butte PIC
- Job Training Center of Tehama County
- Rural Human Services (Del Norte)
- Shasta PIC
- Siskiyou Training and Employment Program
- Trinity Occupational Training
NOTE: The Council will break for lunch at about 12:00 Noon, and continue with the remainder of the presentations after lunch.
- Today's Summary NoRTEC staff, Youth Program Operators and conference facilitators will provide a summary of the presentations, including the Workforce Investment Act requirements and the NoRTEC Youth Program successes, challenges, and future goals and objectives.
- Adjournment Day One The meeting will be adjourned until the following morning at 9:00 A.M.
Day Two Wednesday, June 19
- The NoRTEC Context -- NoRTEC expectations for the Youth Programs and the Youth Council will be discussed in the context of the related structure and policies of NoRTEC.
- NoRTEC WIB/Governing Board Operating Agreements and related Policies.
- Committee Structure - Youth Council advisory to Program Committee for oversight and selecting program providers.
- Youth Service Provider Request For Proposal - Quick review of last one, and plans for next one.
- Team Player Presentation -- The NoRTEC Youth Program Operators are a team. They share ideas, curriculum development, and all aspects of program implementation. The strength of the whole is derived from the participation of everyone working together. In order to recognize this, the NoRTEC Youth Program Team Player certificates will be awarded to all the Program Operators.
- Next Annual NoRTEC Youth Council Conference -- It is planned that the Youth Council will meet on a bi-annual basis if funding permits. Council members are invited to attend the regularly scheduled quarterly NoRTEC WIB/Governing Board meetings.
- New Business Items -- Members may bring up additional items for discussion.